This week has been a little strange. As some of you may not know- I work full-time for the government aside from my photography moonlightingBut this week, I got a taste of what it would be to be a full-time photographer, because…as you do know- the government was SHUTDOWN! Aka: no full-time govy job for me!
All political opinions aside- it was definitely an adjustment to live life for a week without a 9-5. I have become SO used to having my job occupy my days, that it was so different to have those hours free…
I used a lot of those hours to focus a ton on this passion of mine (photography)- but I also was able to use some of this newfound freedom to have some adventures of my own…and it was a huge blessing. Above is a look at my shutdown week in review as seen through instagram:)
– Spending a little bit of time with my sweet niece. It’s amazing to me how much she changes each week, and how I love her more each day!
– Having time to take advantage of a gym membership!
– Exploring Sugarloaf Mountain area with Joey
– Exhausting the red box supply. Seriously, I think we have watched almost every movie that is worth watching in that big red contraption.
– My amazing friend Jen’s bridal shower! Cutest DIY mustache shower. I can’t wait to share it with you guys this week!
– mmm Apple Crisp and other baking goodness (it’s dangerous being unemployed: you eat more)
– Watching the sunset with Joey at the Montgomery County Airpark: This is one of my new favorite spots!
AND it looks like I may have another full week without a 9-5 filling my days…More adventure awaits!
Before I go, the winner from the LAUNCH DAY GIVEAWAY is HEIDI TUCKER! Send me your info, Heidi, and I’ll have that UO Gift Card to you in the mail!
Thank you all so much for commenting and sharing! Your encouragement and support is such a blessing to me!
Happy Monday, friends!