OH, I’m SO excited for this…and have been bursting to share the news for quite some time now- and that time has come! So I’ll get right to it… This year I am looking for some amazing photography interns to join me this wedding season!
2015 marks my 4th season of weddings- and with this being my busiest year yet- and my first full year as a full-time photog, I’m more than ready to enlist some wonderful up-and-coming photographer’s help and consistency! So here’s the low down:
What I’m looking for:
- 3-4 interns willing to commit to 5-7 weddings (Mostly Saturdays- but a few Fridays and Sundays) in 2015
- Must know how to operate your camera and shoot manually
- A general interest and desire to learn MORE about the wedding photography industry- someone who is teachable and willing to learn!
- A willingness to shoot AND serve- wedding days are not always glamorous as a photographer- so I’m looking for someone to roll with the day- and whatever may come
- Someone willing to travel – weddings will be in DC, Virginia, and Maryland- in varying distances! Sometimes we will be able to carpool- but other times I’ll need you to drive separately
- A JOYFUL photographer- there is LOTS of fun to be had on a wedding day
- You gotta be at least 18
- Pay will depend on experience level, and will be agreed on before wedding days (paid and unpaid days available)
- Photos will be available for portfolio building with a few rules and exceptions in place (will be discussed once hired)
- There may be a few opportunities to join me for engagement sessions and styled shoots- it will be optional, but highly encouraged (** this time will not be paid, but an awesome experience to learn!)
If for some reason you do NOT meet the requirements above- maybe you’re not QUITE there with shooting manually- but would still love to LEARN more and really get a sense of the wedding day- please still email me! I will have a couple of wedding days where I will need more of an assistant than a shooter- and I may just contact you for your availability- or hold onto your name for next year!
SO…Interested? Shoot me an email at email@example.com with your answers to the following:
1. Your Name (Duh) and name of business if you are currently operating one :
2. City of Residence (and State) :
3. How long you’ve been shooting :
4. Why you want this internship :
5. What equipment you own :
6. Your website, blog, and/or Facebook page (I’m looking for your portfolio) :
7: Your current favorite jam (song or artist)- this will be helpful for road trip playlists, and potential dance moves during wedding receptions:
I am SO excited to hear from you all!